Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Optimism


The Merriam Webster dictionary defines optimism as a doctrine that this world is the best possible world or alternatively to expect the best possible outcome. I see it as a win - win attitude:) Just a few thoughts that struck me......

"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
-Maya Angelou

“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.”
-Peace Pilgrim

“I became an optimist when I discovered that I wasn't going to win any more games by being anything else.”
-Earl Weaver

No comments: